The conveyor sorter is a one way block that is capable of separating, pulling and pushing items travelling through the conveyor system.
The arrow indicates the direction the items will be passing through, everything in the opposite direction will be blocked. The player can choose between 2 filter modes, Blacklist or Whitelist. This block can be useful for allowing only specific items such as Ores or Components to be stored into a Cargo Container and to push and pull items to liberate space from the inventory.
- Drain All - Automatically pulls items through it from all the directly and indirectly connected upstream inventories and pushes them into the all directly connected downstream inventories until they are full or runned out of items upstream.
- Filter Mode - Choose between Blacklist (only the items in the list will not pass through, everything else will do), and Whitelist (only the items in the list will pass through, everything else will be blocked).
- Active filters - Any items in this list will either be allowed through, or denied depending on which filter mode is selected.
- Add new filter - All the items that can be filtered will be listed here and can be added into the active filter list. Items with special characters represent categories, all items under that category will be either allowed or denied. For example: *ore* represents all types of Ores.
- Sorters cannot pull materials from containers that you do not own. If you are playing a scenario with a starter ship and you have not set yourself as the owner of each of the parts, this cause items from pre-built containers to act as they are block. If a sorter is not working as it should, always check the owner of the upstream inventory.